Broj ECTS kredita: 2
Smjer: VATEL studije
Students will study the background and current trends in hospitality and restaurant services from a cultural and historic point of view. This course will thus allow students, through the various cultural themes, to understand the universe in which they will work in the future. The goal is not to study technical details, which will be studied throughout the program, but to study concepts, their definitions, and to have discussions on their existence and their validity.
Goal of the course:
- Basic knowledge in gastronomic and hospitality culture;
- An overview of the history in the professional hospitality industry and restaurant services sectors;
- Understanding the industry today through its history.
Skills to be acquired:
- Knowing how to define the French art of hospitality;
- Knowing the different types of services throughout the years;
- Knowing the new trends in 21st century gastronomy;
- Understanding the changes in today’s way of reserving a hotel.